Windows 7 support has ended – and Office 2010 support ends soon. Don’t rely on outdated devices to protect and advance your business; it’s time to upgrade to new, modern devices with Windows 10, Office, and Intel vPro® platform. New modern devices will allow your business to:
1App availability varies by device/language.
2On PC only. Learn more (including compatible mobile devices) at office.com/information.
You must accept the License Agreement, microsoft.com/useterms. Activation required. Product cannot be replaced if tampered or activated and cannot be redeemed for cash. Non-commercial use.
System Requirements: Microsoft account. Internet access. Windows 10 or Mac OS*. Processor: 1.6GHz, 2-core (PC); Intel (Mac). RAM: 4GB, 2GB (32-bit). Disk space 4GB, Mac OS Extended or APFS. Screen: 1280 x 768 (PC)/800 (Mac)
* Go to: office.com/systemrequirements for compatible versions of Windows 10 and MacOS, and for other feature requirements
Support for Windows 7 ended on January 14, 2020. Upgrade to a Windows 10 device now. If you continue to use Windows 7 after support has ended, your PC will still work, but it may become more vulnerable to security risks and viruses. Your PC will continue to start and run, but Microsoft will no longer provide support for your business.
You have questions, we have answers
+ Why should I upgrade to a new device?
Intel vPro® platform powered by modern devices save time and money with improved security (33% reduction in security incidents),7 faster performance (up to 65% better performance),3,5,13 a speedy experience (1.3x faster multitasking),3,4,5 and battery life for a full workday.6
+ Can I upgrade my existing PC to Windows 10?
Yes, you can upgrade compatible Windows 7 PCs based on these requirements with a full license. To take advantage of the latest hardware capabilities, we recommend moving to a new PC with Windows 10.
+ What happens if I continue to use Windows 7?
You can continue to use Windows 7. As the support ended on January 14, 2020, your PC is more vulnerable to security risks. Windows will operate but you will not receive security and feature updates anymore.
+ Can Windows 7 still be activated?
Windows 7 can still be installed and activated after support has ended. However, to avoid security risks and viruses, Microsoft recommends that you consider upgrading to Windows 10.
+ Will Internet Explorer still be supported on Windows 7?
Support for Internet Explorer on Windows 7 devices ended on January 14, 2020. As a component of Windows operating system, Internet Explorer followed the same support lifecycle.
+ If an organisation will definitely miss the End of Support deadline for Windows 7, what are the options?
For organisations to whom a virtualisation solution might be appropriate, Windows Virtual Desktop is the only cloud-based service that delivers a multi-user Windows 10 experience, optimised for Office 365 ProPlus, and includes free Windows 7 Extended Security Updates. These Extended Security Updates can also be purchased separately, as a last resort option for Windows 7 (and Windows Server 2008/RZ and SQL Server 2008/R2) organisations who require more time to shift to Windows 10.
+ When will the Windows 7 Extended Security Updates (ESU) offer be available?
Extended Security Updates have been available for purchase in VLSC since April 1, 2019. Extended Security Updates will be available for purchase via the cloud solution provider (CSP) program starting December 1, 2019.
+ If ESU is going to be available for all organisation sizes, why should an organisation consider making a shift to the new Windows 10 devices?
Microsoft understands that everyone is at a different point in the upgrade process. ESU is recommended as a last resort for the devices that cannot be migrated to Windows 10 in time. The Windows 7 ESU will be sold on a per-device basis with the price increasing each year through January 2023.
To enjoy the latest security, productivity and manageability features that Windows 10 offers with regular updates and supports, we recommend organisations shift to the modern devices with Microsoft – which includes Windows 10, Office 365 and the latest security features.
To learn more about the paid Extended Security Updates please visit our extended FAQ.
+ What happens if I continue to use Office 2010?
You can continue to use Office 2010, but once support ends in October 2020, your PC will become more vulnerable to security risks. Office will continue to operate but you will stop receiving security and feature updates.
This moment provides an excellent opportunity for customers to evaluate their technology strategy and how their business can benefit from the latest solutions in Office 2019 and
+ Will Office 2010 continue to work with Office 365?
Connections to Office services such as Exchange Online will not be supported after October 1, 2020. Customers should upgrade to an Office 365 plan that has the Office desktop apps to prevent any loss of productivity.
1. Sold separately.
2. 8th Gen Intel® Core™ vPro® i7-8665U processors and Intel® Core™ vPro® i5-8365U processors
3. Performance results are based on testing as of March 21, 2019 and April 3, 2019 and may not reflect all publicly available security updates. See configuration disclosure for details. No product can be absolutely secure.Software and workloads used in performance tests may have been optimized for performance only on Intel microprocessors. Performance tests, such as SYSmark and MobileMark, are measured using specific computer systems, components, software, operations and functions. Any change to any of those factors may cause the results to vary. You should consult other information and performance tests to assist you in fully evaluating your contemplated purchases, including the performance of that product when combined with other products. For more complete information about performance and benchmark results, visit http://www.intel.com/benchmarks
4. Multi-tasking as measured by Office Productivity and Multitasking Workload comparing 8th Gen Intel® Core™ i7-8665U vs. 6th Gen Intel® Core™ i7-6600U. A 2.35 MB, 20 slide Microsoft PowerPoint.ppt presentation is exported as a 1920×1080 H.264 .mp4, 30MB video presentation. While the video presentation is being created 1) a 6.49 MB, 801 page, Microsoft Word .docx document is converted to a 3.7 MB, PDF file and 2) a 68.4 MB, Microsoft Excel .xlsm worksheet that is recalculated.
5. REFRESH CONFIGURATIONS NEW: Intel Reference Platform with Intel® Core™ i7-8665U Processor, PL1= 15W TDP, 4C8T, Turbo up to 4.8GHz, Graphics: Intel® UHD Graphics 620, Memory: 2x4GB DDR4-2400, Storage: 512GB Intel 760p SSD, OS: Microsoft Windows* 10 RS5 Build Version 1809 (Build 1763v1), BIOS: x177, MCU: A8 VS. OEM system with Intel® Core™ i7-6600U Processor, PL1=15W TDP, 2C4T, Turbo up to 3.9GHz, Intel HD Graphics 620, Display: 14” screen with 1920×1080 resolution, Memory: 8GB DDR4, Storage: 256GB SSD, Battery size: 36 WHr, OS: Microsoft Windows* 10 Pro RS5 Build Version 1809 (Build 1763v292), BIOS: v1.0.1, MCU: C2
6. Battery Life: Up to 11 hours’ battery life for a productive workday with an 8th Gen Intel® Core™ i7-8665U processor as measured by MobileMark* 2018 workload on preproduction OEM system with Intel® Core™ i7-8665U processor, PL1= 15W TDP, 4C8T; turbo up to 4.8 GHz; graphics: Intel® UHD Graphics 620; display: 14″ screen with 1920×1080 resolution; memory: 16 GB; storage: Hynix 256 GB; battery size: 52 WHr; OS: Windows® 10 Pro; BIOS: v.1.0.1; MCU: AA display brightness is set to 150 nits on DC power. System’s wireless network adapter is turned on and associated to a wireless network that is not connected to the internet.
7. Security events requiring IT remediation are reduced or avoided by up to 33% with Windows 10. The Total Economic Impact™ of Microsoft Windows 10, Forrester, 2016. https://query.prod.cms.rt.microsoft.com/cms/api/am/binary/RWrHjm. No product or component can be absolutely secure.
8. The Total Economic Impact™ of the Intel vPro® Platform, Forrester, December 2018. A study commissioned by Intel and conducted by Forrester Consulting which surveyed 256 IT managers at mid-sized organizations (100-1,000 employees) using Intel vPro® platforms in US, UK, Germany, Japan and China. 75% either “agreed” or “strongly agreed” with the statement that computers with Intel® Core™ vPro® processors and Windows 10 are more secure than before. Read the full study at Intel.com/vProPlatformTEI
9. SMB PC Study, Techaisle 2018
10. Cost reduction scenarios described are intended as examples of how a given Intel-based product, in the specified circumstances and configurations, may affect future costs and provide cost savings. Circumstances will vary. Intel does not guarantee any costs or cost reduction.
11. The Total Economic Impact™ of the Intel vPro® Platform, Forrester, December 2018. A study commissioned by Intel and conducted by Forrester Consulting which surveyed 256 IT managers at mid-sized organizations (100-1,000 employees) using Intel vPro® platforms in US, UK, Germany, Japan and China. 77% either “agreed” or “strongly agreed” that computers with Intel vPro® platform and running Windows 10 are easier to manage. Read the full study at Intel.com/vProPlatformTEI
12. 99% of Windows 7 apps are compatible with Windows 10. Hardware/software requirements apply; feature availability may vary. Internet connection required. To check for compatibility and other important installation information, visit your device manufacturer’s website and www.windows.com/windows10specs. Additional requirements may apply over time for updates.
13. EEMBC Browsing Bench Component Average Power (projected on Intel Reference Platform using a 42WHr battery and 25×14 Pane): Disconnect all USB devices, connect to a local WiFi access point and set the screen brightness to 200 nits (disable DPST, set brightness to 200 nits on a white background and enable DPST). Wait for 10 mins for the OS to completely idle and then launch EEMBC Browning Bench Using Microsoft® Edge Browser. Set the web pages to idle for 20s in between page loads. Measure power for the duration of all page loads and report 3 run median. Intel resulted in an average of 9.5 hours of battery life.
14. Slack is open in the background while a 2.28M MB, Microsoft PowerPoint ppt presentation is exported as a 1920×1080 H.264.mp4 video presentation. While the video presentation is being created 1) a 6.49 MB, 844-page Microsoft Word .docx document is converted to a 7.98 MB PDF file and 2) a 70.4 MB Microsoft Excel .xlsm macro-enabled worksheet that is recalculated.