AMD is bringing customers into the future again; delivering the ultimate high-performance with the new AMD Ryzen™ 5000 Series desktop processors.
The Fastest in The Game1
The new AMD Ryzen™ 5000 Series processors power the future of gaming, producing immersive experiences in the latest and upcoming titles, and obliterating any heavy multithreaded tasks – perfect for gamers and artists alike.
With up to 16 cores, 32 threads, boost clocks up to 4.9GHz and up to 72MB of cache, the future of gaming with AMD is fast.2
Offering a remarkable 19% IPC increase over the previous generation, these new “Zen 3”architecture-based processors redefine the high-performance desktop processor.3 With the AMD Ryzen™ 9 5900X processor offering an up to 26% generational uplift in gaming performance, AMD Ryzen™ processors are the enthusiasts’ clear choice when it comes to gaming today.4
|Processor||Cores/Threads||TDP||Boost Clock2/Base Clock||Cache||SEP (USD)*|
|AMD Ryzen™ 9 5950X||16/32||105W||Up to 4.9 GHz / 3.4 GHz||72MB||$799|
|AMD Ryzen™ 9 5900X||12/24||105W||Up to 4.8 GHz / 3.7 GHz||70MB||$549|
|AMD Ryzen™ 7 5800X||8/16||105W||Up to 4.7 GHz / 3.8 GHz||36MB||$449|
|AMD Ryzen™ 5 5600X||6/12||65W||Up to 4.6 GHz / 3.7 GHz||35MB||$299|
*Prices subject to change.
The Latest Technologies
Every AMD Ryzen™ 5000 Series processor comes powered by a suite of cutting-edge Ryzen™ processor technologies.
Precision Boost 2
Monitoring and accelerating PC performance intelligently.
Precision Boost Overdrive
Automatic overclocking, with the touch of a button.5
PCIe® 4.0 Support
Say goodbye to bandwidth bottlenecks, even when installing multiple graphics or M.2 NVMe storage devices.
Easy and seamless memory overclocking.6
Personalize performance for your unlocked AMD Ryzen™ desktop processor.
Expand and accelerate storage devices, combining the speed of solid-state drive with the capacity of a mechanical hard-drives.
VR Ready Premium
Providing customers with the performance to explore virtual new worlds.
Learn more about the technologies powering the latest AMD Ryzen™ processors here.
Build with Confidence
The focus on long-term support by AMD continues with AMD Ryzen™ 5000 Series processors. Partners and customers will be able to update the BIOS on current AMD 500 series motherboards, and simply drop in the new processors to start enjoying the incredible performance they offer.
BIOS updates supporting the AMD Ryzen™ 5000 Series desktop processors on AMD 400 Series chipsets are expected to be available starting January 2021; exact availability will vary by manufacturer and motherboard model.
Built on years of exciting innovations and the AMD 7nm architecture that has become synonymous with performance across the PC spectrum, the new AMD Ryzen™ 5000 Series processors evolve the way customers play and create.
- Testing by AMD performance labs as of 9/2/2020 based on the average FPS of 40 PC games at 1920×1080 with the High image quality preset using an AMD Ryzen™ 9 5900X processor vs Core i9-10900K. Results may vary. R5K-002
- Max boost for AMD Ryzen™ and Athlon™ processors is the maximum frequency achievable by a single core on the processor running a bursty single-threaded workload. Max boost will vary based on several factors, including, but not limited to: thermal paste; system cooling; motherboard design and BIOS; the latest AMD chipset driver; and the latest OS updates. GD-150
- Testing by AMD performance labs as of 09/01/2020. IPC evaluated with a selection of 25 workloads running at a locked 4GHz frequency on 8-core “Zen 2” Ryzen™ 7 3800XT and “Zen 3” Ryzen™ 7 5800X desktop processors configured with Windows® 10, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti (451.77), Samsung 860 Pro SSD, and 2x8GB DDR4-3600. Results may vary. R5K-003
- Testing by AMD performance labs as of 09/01/2020 measuring gaming performance of a Ryzen 9 5900X desktop processor vs. a Ryzen™ 9 3900XT in 11 popular titles at 1920×1080, the High image quality preset, and the newest graphics API available for each title (e.g. DirectX® 12 or Vulkan™ or DirectX® 11). Results may vary. R5K-009
- Precision Boost Overdrive requires a compatible AMD Ryzen™ Threadripper™ processor, a 3rd Gen AMD processor or an AMD Ryzen™ 5000 Series processor and a motherboard compatible with one or more of these processors. AMD 2nd Gen Ryzen processors including the Ryzen™ 3200G processor are not compatible with Precision Boost Overdrive. Because Precision Boost Overdrive enables operation of the processor outside of specifications and in excess of factory settings, use of the feature invalidates the AMD product warranty and may also void warranties offered by the system manufacturer or retailer. GD-135.
- Overclocking memory will void any applicable AMD product warranty, even if such overclocking is enabled via AMD hardware and/or software. This may also void warranties offered by the system manufacturer or retailer or motherboard vendor. Users assume all risks and liabilities that may arise out of overclocking memory, including, without limitation, failure of or damage to RAM/hardware, reduced system performance and/or data loss, corruption or vulnerability. GD-112