Award-winning consumer and small business cybersecurity company, BullGuard, today announced that BullGuard VPN has been named VPN Solution of the Year in the 2020 CyberSecurity Breakthrough Awards. Specifically designed to be easy to use across multiple devices, BullGuard VPN enables consumers to fly under the radar and surf the internet in stealth mode, while retaining complete anonymity via military-grade encryption.
“Online consumer privacy is under siege on a near-daily basis – from huge breaches where personal data is stolen to cybercriminals absconding with personal information and identities,” said Paul Lipman, CEO of BullGuard. “Security and privacy must be equally addressed in today’s cyber threat landscape to protect consumers adequately. We’re honored to be recognized for this award and BullGuard VPN’s ability to enable consumers to safeguard their online privacy in a fast, easy and seamless way – anytime, anywhere.”
BullGuard VPN works by hiding a consumer’s origin IP address, preventing others from monitoring their online browsing activity, the websites they visit, what they download, and what services and applications they use. It’s perfect for public Wi-Fi browsing as it encrypts data and sends it through a secure tunnel, so all data leaving a device is 100% secure and private. Designed to be easy-to-use, BullGuard VPN is also a standout leader in privacy with a clear no-logs policy. BullGuard never collects or stores consumers’ personal identifiable data or the websites a consumer visits so browsing via the VPN is truly private. BullGuard VPN uses super tough military-grade Advanced Encryption Standard (AES) 256-bit key security so data is fully protected and user anonymity and privacy is a matter of course. Importantly, for consumers technical ability is not required, you simply click and go.
Additional BullGuard VPN features the CyberSecurity Breakthrough Award judges were impressed with include:
- Support for Android and iOS, with additional desktop support for Windows and Mac
- Auto-connect VPN for open Wi-Fi networks: Auto-connect makes sure users can connect to their selected server as the app starts up
- Automatic launch at startup, plus a manual “on/off” button
- Protection for up to six devices simultaneously and unlimited data volume
- Coverage in 16 different country locations (US, UK, Netherlands, Canada, Germany, Australia, France, Switzerland, Denmark, Norway, Singapore, Sweden, Belgium, Austria, Spain, and Ireland): users can also manually select their preferred geographical location for connecting online
- Quick connect: sophisticated formula automatically chooses the best server at the precise connection moment
- Kill switch: If a VPN connection drops, BullGuard VPN will automatically block the user’s device or terminate certain programs from accessing the internet outside the secure VPN tunnel
- 24/7 customer support and free software updates
- Notifications: Users can choose their desired notification preferences
The CyberSecurity Breakthrough Awards recognize the world’s best information security companies, products and people within the security industry. The awards are open to all individuals, companies and organizations involved in producing information security products, solutions and services. Winners were selected by a panel of judges whose aim was to perform the most comprehensive evaluation of cybersecurity companies and solutions on the market today. This year’s competition was highly competitive, with over 3,700 nominations submitted for consideration from all over the world in a variety of specific categories. The CyberSecurity Breakthrough Awards Program’s focus this year centered around the concept of innovation, and all entries and winners were judged on the Tech breakthrough criteria of innovation, performance, ease of use, functionality, value and impact.