Kicking off its 50th anniversary celebration, AMD (NASDAQ: AMD) today unveiled ‘Gold Edition’ versions of AMD Ryzen 7 2700X processors and AMD Radeon VII graphics cards. To celebrate the company’s rich history of innovation in gaming and high-performance computing, AMD is providing customers with a unique opportunity to obtain commemorative versions of its top-tier gaming products, free games, and other one-of-a-kind keepsake items.
“For a half century, AMD pushed the boundaries of what’s possible in high-performance computing to create new experiences and possibilities for hundreds of millions of people,” said John Taylor, chief marketing officer at AMD. “We celebrate this moment with our fans around the world who inspire us to push forward in that spirit for another fifty years to 2069 and beyond.”
With the new Gold Edition AMD Ryzen processor and AMD Radeon graphics card, AMD invites fans to celebrate the company’s 50-year journey. Optimized for gamers, creators, and hardware enthusiasts, the AMD Ryzen 7 2700X processor is a top-seller at etailers thanks to enthusiasts worldwide. In addition, the AMD Ryzen 7 2700X Gold Edition processor features Dr. Su’s signature imprinted on the processor cover and gold AMD50 packaging to commemorate the company’s anniversary.
The AMD Radeon VII Gold Edition graphics card features a vibrant red shroud and gold AMD50 packaging. The world’s first 7nm gaming graphics card, Radeon VII delivers exceptional performance and amazing experiences for the latest AAA, eSports and Virtual Reality (VR) titles, demanding 3D rendering and video editing applications, and next-generation compute workloads.
Customers who purchase Gold Edition AMD Ryzen processors and AMD Radeon graphics cards from April 29 to June 8, 2019 will also receive:
- AMD50 Game Bundle: Gamers who purchase Gold Edition products — as well as other eligible AMD Ryzen processors, Radeon graphics cards, or Ryzen and Radeon-powered PCs — will receive a coupon code for a free PC version of World War Z. They will also receive a coupon code for a free PC version of Tom Clancy’s The Division® 2 Gold Edition1, which includes a Year 1 Season Pass providing one-week early access to all Year 1 Episodes; eight classified assignments and assignment rewards (backpack trophies); instant unlock of three new specializations as they release; an agent ward outfit, scout emote, and additional bounties and projects; as well as an exclusive AMD50 in-game armband. For more information visit the AMD50 webpage.
- AMD50 Tribute T-Shirt and CEO Dr. Lisa Su-Autographed Sticker: To mark this milestone in the company’s history, Gold Edition AMD Ryzen and Radeon products will include an AMD50 sticker signed by the AMD CEO and a coupon to redeem for a free AMD 50th anniversary t-shirt2.
AMD Deals at Best Buy and other Retailers/Etailers
Select retailers and etailers worldwide plan to offer special deals on select AMD products during the AMD50 promotional period beginning April 29 through June 8, 2019. For example, Best Buy is launching a one-day AMD 50th Anniversary sale on May 1, 2019, offering up to $150 USD off select AMD products, including AMD-powered PCs and notebooks, Ryzen processors, and Radeon graphics. The promotion is available exclusively to Best Buy customers in the U.S.
Visit local retail/etail sites for details about local promotions, and visit Best Buy on May 1 for more information about its promotional offers.
Pricing and Availability
The AMD Ryzen 7 2700X Gold Edition processor is available now for a limited time for $329 USD MSRP from select retailers/etailers in select countries in North America, Latin America, Europe, Greater China and the Asia Pacific region. The AMD Radeon VII Gold Edition graphics card is available now for a limited time for $699 USD MSRP from AMD.com and JD.com. Visit the AMD50 website for more information.
- Learn more about the AMD50 Game Bundle, and the AMD Ryzen and AMD Radeon Gold Edition products here
- Learn more about AMD’s history of innovation here
- Become a fan of AMD Ryzen and Radeon on Facebook
- Follow AMD Ryzen and Radeon on Twitter
Since May 1, 1969 AMD has driven innovation in high-performance computing, graphics and visualization technologies ― the building blocks for gaming, immersive platforms and the datacenter. Hundreds of millions of consumers, leading Fortune 500 businesses and cutting-edge scientific research facilities around the world rely on AMD technology daily to improve how they live, work and play. AMD employees around the world are focused on building great products that push the boundaries of what is possible. For more information about how AMD is enabling today and inspiring tomorrow, visit the AMD (NASDAQ: AMD) website, blog, Facebook and Twitter pages.
For more information visit: www.amd.com